the ultimate train-the-trainer course
‘We train trainers to design and deliver more content, faster, with better recall and more behavioural change.’ - Ross Page
Two dynamic, inspirational and confidence-building days where participants learn to design and deliver training sessions in the most stimulating way. They enhance their abilities using en-lightning training techniques such as memory linking, multiple intelligences, and NLP to achieve results that have that elusive ‘wow’ factor.
*Training the trainer is what we do best*
The course was an eye opener for me personally. It was extremely useful to improve one of our current training programmes… I would recommend this course to anyone involved in the development of people. - Paul Houston, Rolls Royce
We focus on the basic principles of creativity and invention, so that participants become adept at creating their own activities set in their own style. En-lightning training workshops don’t produce clones; they focus instead on using a trainer’s natural ability to develop unique ideas for turning a variety of materials into flexible, effective and enjoyable training sessions. We also focus on the art of provocation – how to nudge people out of their comfort zones whilst still retaining their trust.
- The power of TOM: using Trust, clear Objectives and a strong Motivation
- Design and deliver engaging, effective and entertaining training
- Memory linking: dramatically improve memory using words / images / feelings / actions
- Create and maintain optimum learning states
- Halve the training time and double the ability to recall and utilise
- Outcome is king: learn how to set inspirational training objectives
- Visualised, Inspirational, Specific, Time-bound, Assessable objectives
- Training plan – the plan works if you work the plan:
introduction > training > practice > review > testing
- The power of music and movement in providing a stimulating learning and training environment
- Communication skills: listening/speaking /asking/telling/
‘watch your language!’
what is included
- All course materials including a copy of Everyone agrees with TOM!
- a comprehensive workbook
- MILD KELVIN multi-intelligence checklists
- A small box of essentials for creating high quality en-lightning learning events
- The opportunity to learn, practice and share new skills and ideas with other training and learning professionals
- Scientific back-up – if you want/need it – for all the techniques and concepts we will be using. We will be there to help you put it all into practice; you will completely design and deliver an en-lightning training session to a group of your peers.
- Post-course phone or email support should you want or need it
- A set of extra aids you can use the very next day, plus you’ll have 3 days of FUN
- The opportunity to apply to become a licensed TOM consultant
The price includes a three course lunch and refreshments throughout each day. Ask us about accommodation at or near the venue.
why do this course
If you are a trainer or you manage trainers, this course will enable you to:
- Train faster – multi-sensory sessions speed learning and behaviour change and save money
- Create enjoyable sessions – fun and stimulating learning experiences encourage participants to return
- Train more effectively – skills learned are recalled easier, stay longer and change behaviour
Learn to create enjoyable and stimulating sessions where you can train twice the content in half the time with better recall. Participants in this lively and activity-based workshop will leave with a clearer understanding of the principles of en-lightning training and numerous tips on how to deliver interesting and effective training sessions and presentations.
By the end of the two days participants will have actually re-designed ‘and presented’ some of their own material. Working together on the workshop activities will help them ‘feel’ more confident – both from ‘trainer’ and ‘designer’ perspectives. The course has a very practical foundation and this new confidence can be carried over to the workplace. In addition, participants will acquire simple checklists for ensuring interesting and engaging training sessions that are easy to learn, recall and apply.
who this course is for
Trainers, presenters, parents, teachers, consultants, team leaders, heads of department, engineers, managers, executives, co-ordinators, entrepreneurs…, anyone who needs to get their ideas across to someone else.
Whether you are new to training or you have been training for a long time, we have something to offer you. We have had trainers with 20 years experience completely revamp their training style with en-lightning training skills.
why our methods work
1. Emotional content
We need to have our emotions involved to facilitate the consolidation of memory and the application of concepts / ideas. Neuroscience still doesn’t have a firm handle on exactly how this memory process works, but several things have started to become clear: we have to be able to ‘see ourselves’ doing it (whatever it is) which triggers off the ‘feeling’ of doing it – which is of course, physiologically, almost the same as doing it.
The biggest challenge for any training is to make the (what seems like) a quantum leap from experiencing it in the training room to experiencing the same feelings and results in the workplace. En-lightning training has been successful at achieving this leap by focusing on workshop activities, exercises and materials that stimulate participant’s brains so that they feel like they have experienced fully the new behaviour or desired behaviour change.
2. Show, tell, do and teach
Our en-lightning training workshops are designed not only to impart accelerated teaching skills to participants, but to also be a showcase for the concepts being taught. We will continually ask participants to be ‘in-frame’, as part of the workshop, and ‘out-frame’ as objective observers of the process.
where you can attend
Please check our Open Course for the next scheduled workshop date, or if you have a team you would like to share this experience with, we will run an In-house workshop at the venue of your choosing and for a more ‘budget-friendly’ business to business investment.
Trouble deciding? You may be eligible for one of our FREE taster sessions
Experience our materials and style to make an informed decision. We ask that:
- 8-10 people attend. This way, you get to see how we train, not how we sell or perform at meetings
- there is at least 1 key decision-maker present
Only £1175 + VAT
Contact TOM to find out more or call us on +44 1273 447 999
To Download a Brochure describing this event click HERE
And here’s a small selection of the glowing testimonials we’ve had for this course:
Gemma Humphreys, TNT::
You have really inspired me. Thank you for such a good productive workshop. I felt like I got so much out of it. I found myself using the theory on my boyfriend last night as hed had such a terrible day at work. He took it on board and I had a text today saying ‘thank you’ as he had fed back to his boss.
David Kent, Coors Brewers::
We used to spend about 90 minutes on this session, with an uptake of about 20% retention. Whats the difference now by using the TOM techniques? Retention rates are at about 90%, and the process is explained within 5 minutes: Retention and learning increased – actual training time lessened. A double result in any trainer’s book!
Bridget, Boden Clothing::
Without exception the response from everyone on the course has been fantastic. I have already put it into operation in a course and to quote its a hit! We all really enjoyed it and learnt from it and I´m confident that training will become something to look forward to rather than a chore. To sum up… fantastic and thank you! –
Jane Edis, Probation Service::
Bounced into training on Thursday morning highly motivated – and received the best feedback forms ever!!! It was great to be able to implement elements straight away without having to go away and re-formulate our courses – which so many other training devices necessitate.
Praise for this course from recent participants
Will Moore – Professional Training Consultant and entrepreneur
TOM: Training the trainer is what we do best!
Contact TOM to find out more.